On 12/30/2013 2:07 AM, LizR wrote:
On 30 December 2013 21:02, Stephen Paul King <stephe...@provensecure.com <mailto:stephe...@provensecure.com>> wrote:

    Dear Bruno,

      Why do you not consider an isomorphism between the Category
    ofcomputer/universal-numbers and physical realities? That way we can avoid
a lot of
    problems!
       I think that it is because of your insistence of the Platonic view that
the
    material/physical realm is somehow lesser in ontological status and the
assumption
    that a timeless totality = the appearance of change (and its measures) is
illusory.
    I would like to be wrong in this presumption!

The problem is that assuming the material / physical realm as fundamental gets you no further than assuming that "God did it!" It's a "shut up and calculate" (or shut up and pray) ontology.

With materialism you just have a "brute fact" - well, maybe that's it, maybe there /is /just a brute, unexplained fact. But us ape descended life forms like to look for explanations even beneath the apparent brute facts!

But "Everything happens" is just as useless as "God did it". A theory that can explain anything fails to explain at all.