Dear LizR and Brent,

  I will try to go at this from a different direction. What exactly does
"fundamental level" mean? Does there have to be "something fundamental"?
Consider Leibniz' monadology: strip it of the anthropocentrism and
religiosity and one obtains a nice "any one thing is made from combinations
of other things" concept that has no need for something fundamental.
   I have a question: what would be the most simple Boolean algebra?

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 1:44 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  On 12/30/2013 2:07 AM, LizR wrote:
>
>  On 30 December 2013 21:02, Stephen Paul King
> <stephe...@provensecure.com>wrote:
>
>>  Dear Bruno,
>>
>>    Why do you not consider an isomorphism between the Category of
>> computer/universal-numbers
>> and physical realities? That way we can avoid a lot of problems!
>>    I think that it is because of your insistence of the Platonic view
>> that the material/physical realm is somehow lesser in ontological status
>> and the assumption that a timeless totality = the appearance of change (and
>> its measures) is illusory. I would like to be wrong in this presumption!
>>
>>  The problem is that assuming the material / physical realm as
> fundamental gets you no further than assuming that "God did it!" It's a
> "shut up and calculate" (or shut up and pray) ontology.
>
>  With materialism you just have a "brute fact" - well, maybe that's it,
> maybe there *is *just a brute, unexplained fact. But us ape descended
> life forms like to look for explanations even beneath the apparent brute
> facts!
>

> But "Everything happens" is just as useless as "God did it".  A theory
> that can explain anything fails to explain at all.
>
> Brent

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Paul King

Senior Researcher