Jason,

An excellent question. First of all let's stick with the actual example of
only Sam and Pam. Now how do you know all this stuff about who is doing
what when? How are you measuring it to know it's true?

And again the important point to understand is that you MUST disregard SR
relative velocity effects which are illusory and non-permanent and vanish
when the relative velocities cease when they meet again. SR effects are not
'real' in the sense of being absolute. They are transient and relative and
equal and opposite for both observers. Both see the other's time slow but
that is just measurements, their time is not actually slowing in any
absolute permanent sense. By that I mean they are illusions of measurement
that exist only during relative motion. So they are not relevant when
trying to analyze what is happening in the present moment.

GR acceleration affects on the other hand are real and absolute and
experienced the same by both observers as the slowing of only the
accelerating twin's clock relative to the non-accelerating twin's clock.

I think when temporary SR effects are eliminated this problem is resolved
and your question is answered...

Edgar