On 04 Jan 2014, at 21:20, LizR wrote:

On 5 January 2014 04:36, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:
Pierz,

It may not be "physics" by your definition but both the Present moment and Consciousness are certainly part of reality, in fact they are basic aspects of reality.

However, a theory does have to be consistent with observation. So far, every attempt to make your theory consistent with the millions of observations that support SR fail, except by saying that "P-time" doesn't have any measurable effects whatsoever.

Which is also true of the invisible pink unicorns that actually control reality.

Reality subsumes physics, if you want to define physics as just what is mathematically describable.

Or does reality emerge from physics? Reductionists think so.

Not all of reality is mathematical, but it is all logical since its computed.

And we know this because....

a. Edgar says so

or perhaps

b. I have a 2000 year old book which says so

?????

Obviously even a silicon software program is a logical structure but not all of that logic is mathematical operations.

I believe all operations carried out by software can be reduced to a series of just one logical operation repeated lots of times - I think it's NAND?

So all computer programmes can be reduced to a series of NAND gates connected with wires (in principle). The structure of the programme would therefore be how the NAND gates are connected, and the operations would all be NANDs. I'm not sure if the wiring can be represented mathematically - well, actually, yes I am sure, it's just a directed graph. And I assume NAND is mathematically definable - it follows this truth table iirc

           1      0
  1   |   0     1
  0   |   1     1

So it looks to be as though a "silicon software progam" may actually be a mathematical structure. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAND_logic

You need NAND, and a clock time, if only to build the flip flop and memory. You need also some duplicator (which is implemented by a wire splitting and is usually taken for granted in classical computation, but is not quantum computation. But you are right, all this can be defined, and exist, in arithmetic, including the quantum computations.

The mystery is not the existence of quantum computation, which is a theorem in arithmetic, but of their local apparent stability, which must be justified in arithmetic too, and that is the hard thing to solve. The result obtained are promising, because the indexical approach of matter already provide a quantum 'quantization" obeying a quantum logic.