On 1/9/2014 10:58 AM, LizR wrote:
On 10 January 2014 06:50, Stephen Paul King <stephe...@provensecure.com <mailto:stephe...@provensecure.com>> wrote:

    Dear Bruno,

    I have to agree with Alberto on this point.

    On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be
    <mailto:marc...@ulb.ac.be>> wrote:

        On 09 Jan 2014, at 16:30, Alberto G. Corona wrote:

            But the UD argument predict that all the possible universes with all
            possible laws will be produced.

        Where?

    AR does not restrict the types of physical laws of universes that it can
represent,
    so barring a separate mechanism I cannot see how Alberto's claim is false!

I too made this claim recently. I assumed that an infinity of computations producing all possible experiences would include experiences of different physical laws (e.g. the speed of light 1 km/hr faster). Why wouldn't it? Does comp uniquely determine c?

I think the question is whether comp determines that the world is (locally) Lorentz invariant. If it is, then c is just a unit conversion factor between the + and - signature terms. It's value is arbitrary, like "how many feet in a mile", which is why it is now an exact number in SI units.