On 09 Jan 2014, at 19:58, LizR wrote:

On 10 January 2014 06:50, Stephen Paul King <stephe...@provensecure.com > wrote:
Dear Bruno,

I have to agree with Alberto on this point.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

On 09 Jan 2014, at 16:30, Alberto G. Corona wrote:

But the UD argument predict that all the possible universes with all
possible laws will be produced.

Where?

AR does not restrict the types of physical laws of universes that it can represent, so barring a separate mechanism I cannot see how Alberto's claim is false!

I too made this claim recently. I assumed that an infinity of computations producing all possible experiences would include experiences of different physical laws (e.g. the speed of light 1 km/ hr faster). Why wouldn't it? Does comp uniquely determine c?

Just consider the FPI on UD*. If comp does not uniquely determine c, we will access to situation where c is different, and c is no more a constant.

(from my "physicist" intuition about the quantum vacuum and the photon, I think that h and c might be constant).

Where does such constants come from? Well some arithmetical relation can depend on them for getting the right measure. We are of course a long way to solve this, to say the least. My point is just that the comp people *have to do* this to figure out the "correct" 1p/3p relationship and target better the mind-body problem. By using the self-referential G/G* distinction, we can handle the many different sort of person points of view, both on the rationally justifiable and the true but non rationally justifiable.