2014/1/12, Alberto G. Corona <agocor...@gmail.com>:
> [...]
>> admitting very weak form of mechanism.
>>

>>>  There are many didactic tricks that you refuse
>>> to use like metaphors and examples.
>>
>> I avoid metaphor indeed, but that is the custom in science. Examples?
>> You can find them in the textbook. And/or you can ask any one when you
>> feel the need.
>>

>>> And this gives to me the
>>> impression that you are hiding  consciously or uncosnciously a great
>>> flaw.
>>
>> ?
>>

>>> And my observation is that no one understand you in what is original
>>> in your theory.
>>
>> ?
>>

>>> Apart from the brilliant and interesting  first steps.
>>> That is why I read you with attention.
>>
>> Where precisely the flaw appears?
>>

>>> But until now I don´t find a satisfactory explanation and you confess
>>> that there is not, for the abundance of white rabbits in your theory.
>>
>> I am a scientist. I do not defend any theory. I just reduce the mind-
>> body problem into a purely arithmetical "belief in body" problem.
>>
>> I illustrate that with computer science, and usual definitions in
>> theology and metaphysics, when we assume comp, we can translate
>> theological problem into problem of number theory or computer science.
>>

>>> You simply say: the fact that we have no fat soprano singers and white
>>> rabbits aroud, and the fact that comp is true (sorry, it is a theory
>>> that all of us must assume if we are gong to talk in this list) means
>>> that comp have no such flaw and is a task of everyone to find how.
>>>
>>> No . It is a task of yourself.
>>
>> No. It is a task for all honest or correct universal machine trying to
>> figure out why there is something and why does it hurt.
>>
>> May be you are not interested in fundamental question. We cannot know
>> the truth, but we can try theories. Computationalism makes sense, as
>> we don't know non computable laws in nature, except for the wave
>> collapse, for those who believe it is physical.
>>
>> Even a quantum computer is Turing emulable, and I do not bound the
>> substitution level. Then most of the consequences remains true for
>> most of the "non-comp" machine's extensions.
>>
>> I don't know if comp is true or not, I just explains the consequences,
>> and show their testability.
>>

>>> From my side, I have my own explanation of why algorithmic complexity
>>> plays a role in solomonoff theory of universal induction, without
>>> taking it as an axiom .. And this is the computational nature of life.
>>> That is not the immaterial computation of yours, but the material
>>> computation subject to resource limits of biological systems. I did my
>>> job.
>>>
>>> http://ilevolucionista.blogspot.com.es/2008/06/ockham-razor-and-genetic-algoritms-life.html
>>
>> I basically agree with that.
>> Yet, such explanation relies on comp, I think, and all what I say is
>> that with comp we must somehow extend that form of evolution for the
>> laws of physics themselves, through a form of dream competitions, to

 It does not reiles on comp in the way you mean. It does not need
 minds, Just with the existence of bacteria is enough. It relies in
 physical concepts like entropy and resources and time limits that are
 not in a comp

Evolution  is not  a theory. It is a fact observed in nature.
evolution is a doxatic term that hides a great misunderstanding of
Natural selection. NS  is the true theory, that is very complex and
predictive: E. O. Wilson predicted the characteristics and climate and
life of an hypothetical mammal that could live in colonies with a
single reproductive queen. And this animal was found.

Natural selection need at least two mechanism: variation and selection
(and a mechanism of information transmission across generations).
Your variation mechanism is known UD. What is the selection mechanism?

--
Alberto.