On 21 Jan 2014, at 19:27, Edgar L. Owen wrote:

Bruno,

Again you avoid the question. You need to give everyone a clear and convincing reason in English.

Rhetorical trick, and you don't answer to the question that I asked you. I gave everyone the proof, and I told you that the UD Argument, which presuppose only that a brain is a machine at some relevant level, entails that there is no motion, only dream of motion. The physical reality emerges from the coherence, or co-consistence of infinities of dream.

Just requoting some abstract mathematical proof won't suffice unless you can prove it actually applies.

Read the UDA before, if only to give me one light on your theory.

If there is really a way to get motion from stasis

Like if anyone was pretending that ... (rhetorical trick again).

you should be able to simply state the core of the argument in plain English.

That's the UDA.

There simply is no way to get motion from non-motion, either in your theory or in block time....You can look at it from any perspective you want to but unless something moves nothing moves...

Indeed nothing moves at the ontological level. Things move only from the 'dreamer's mental perspective".

Of course you can use the same 'cop out' that block time does when it claims that an observer in every static frame of block time perceives a sequence of events, but that doesn't work to move anything.

Indeed? So you assume primitive moving, and thus a primitive time, and thus UDA shows that you are implicitly using the assumption that your p-time is not Turing emulable. Indeed, if we recompute Julius Caesar' brain state, with comp, he will live Antic-time now, which might directly show that your notion of p- time is inconsistent with comp. This is coherent with your absence of definition of your computational space.

It's still just a sequence of cartoon frames which are obviously completely static. A static motionless observer sees them as a motionless sequence. Only an ACTIVELY MOVING reader of the cartoon can provide the apparent sequence of the cartoon frames that makes them meaningful. But of course actually both observer and universe are actively moving as they are continually being recomputed in the present moment of p-time....

If the sequence seems to move it's only because that cartoon reader is already moving himself. So without a moving observer rather than a static "1p" observer, to use your terminology, there can be no motion. Unless the 1p observer is himself alive and moving there can be no motion in his perspective. There is simply no way around that.

You reify "reality". And this without saying. That's unconvincing pseudo-philosophy.

Just answer the question: can we survive with an artificial brain in your theory?

Bruno

Edgar