Brent, lt me skip my frequently written argument about 'mishaps' that
happen in our 'correct' predictions (like falling off airplanes from the
sky, striking sicknesses with no known reason, failed economical
predictions etc. etc..)
Allow me to quote an old Hungarian proverb (they are smart in many cases as
folk-wisdom):
"a blind hen also finds grains"  .
That does not mean I opine all the glory of our science-technology as mere
luck.
John M