Dear Folks,

  I agree with John's most resent remark and his recommendation of the
books. Here is a nice review of Collapse of Chaos:

http://www.thenewhumanities.net/books/Book%20Reviews44.html

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 4:43 PM, John Mikes <jami...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>

>> No problem if you believe that comp is false. I don't argue for the truth
>> of comp, I just present a reasoning explaining that if comp is true, then
>> Plato-Plotin gives the right framework for a TOE, and Aristotle is refuted.
>> (his theology and physics).
>>

>> I find 'mindcontent' different from 'mind' (what I don't really know) and
>> package it into 'mentality'. .
>>
>> I have no squalm against "arithmetical reality" - a notion deduced from
>> (human?) math-thinking.
>>

>> Arithmetical Realism is the idea that human are correct when thinking
>> that the number relation are true even for the non humans.
>> It is not because a human believe in x, that x is necessarily false for
>> non humans. Anyway, it because I can conceive that AR is false, that I
>> politely put it in the bag of the hypotheses.
>>

>> What I mean as 'reality' (if it 'exists' - another 'if' to explain) is a
>> belief that it SHOULD  be - as most of us think of the world. No evidence,
>> no facts.
>>
>> Physical World (and whatever pertains to it: like 'physixs') is an
>> up-to-date explanation of yesterday's knowledge of some phenomena we
>> adjusted up to our capabilities in a 'world'-image we derived.
>>

>> Yes, but that is why I do not assume anything being both primitive and
>> physical. You make my point.
>> But I need to start from some assumptions, and I use 2+2=4, and the "yes
>> doctor", which links computer science and theology. The physics is then
>> explanied constructively by the theology of the true machine, with true
>> some technical precise sense (due to Tarski).
>>

>> Existence is loosly identified in my vocabulary: whatever we MAY think of
>> DOES exist in our mind (see above). Not necessarily in formats we are
>> (capable of) handling. 3p evidence? who said so?
>>

>> Eventually we have to look at nature to try to refute the theory. But you
>> are right, it is not 3p evidence, but only (with comp) 1p-plural sharable
>> evidences.
>>

>> Time? I can't walk without crutches. My crutches don't walk alone.
>>

>> ?
>>

>> Axioms? a reversed logic, not the theorems (theories?) are
>> axiom-dependent, the axioms are made to facilitate the theoretical 'dasein'
>> of theorems. Artificially.
>>
>> and so on.
>>

>> ? If you use agnosticism to demolish all theories, you kill science, and
>> will get the authoritative arguments instead, like the pseudo sciences and
>> religions.
>> On the contrary, I think that agnosticism should favor the theoretical
>> approach, as it remains modest and NEVER pretends to provide truth, only
>> light and shadows on the unknown.
>>
>> Bruno
>>

>> John M
>>

>> On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 6:04 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>>

>>> On 17 Jan 2014, at 23:24, John Mikes wrote:
>>>
>>> Stathis and List:
>>>
>>> from time to time it is useful to recall what we are thinking behind
>>> 'words'. Is the *'brain'* as used in this exchange indeed*
>>> 'brainfunction'*? (ref. to "functionalism vs computationalism")
>>> To 'preserve *mind*' begs the question how it is differentiated in this
>>> exchange?
>>>

>>> ?
>>> "preserve minds" means that it is not differentiated. Thinks about you
>>> after the WM-duplication, before you open the door of the reconstitution
>>> box.
>>> Then the differentiation occurs when opening the door, as your "same
>>> mind" is put in two different alternate context (Washington and Moscow).
>>>

>>>  Then again* 'intelligence'* is a flexible item (I start from "inter" -
>>> "lego" = to read between the lines, not to stick to the (written?) words
>>> proper).
>>>

>>> OK.
>>>
>>> In fact this is my criteria for a theory. The theory is 100% invariant
>>> with respect to the choice of wording.
>>>
>>> When we write the theory in first order logic, this is guarantied.
>>>
>>> The theory
>>>
>>> x + 0 = x
>>> x + s(y) = s(x + y)
>>>
>>>  x *0 = 0
>>>  x*s(y) = x*y + x
>>>
>>> is equivalent with the theory (assuming the equality axiom for elise
>>> (that "x elise x", "x elise y implies y elise x", etc.)
>>>
>>> variable1 paul johnson elise  variable1
>>> variable1 paul hercule(variable2) elise hercule(variable1 paul
>>> variable2)
>>>
>>>  variable1 claude johnson elise johnson
>>> variable1 claude hercule(varable2) elise (variable1 claude varable2 )
>>> paul  variable1
>>>
>>> So if you want to see if your theory does not introduce implicit
>>> intuition through the choice of some wording, just change all words ...
>>>
>>> In mathematics, we are always left with "only relata", like in Mermin's
>>> QM.
>>>
>>> That is why I am not happy when Stephen says that it assumes existence.
>>> It could have said that it assumes popiutyscaptle. I need some axiom on
>>> that to say anything ...
>>>
>>> The advantage of proceeding like this is that when you prove a theorem
>>> it will be true in all possible interpretations of the theory.
>>>
>>> Bruno
>>>

>>>  The *'non-computable physics'* in Penrose's brain begs the question:
>>> *"STILL"
>>> or "NOT AT ALL"?*
>>> Is the acceptance of the* NEW* a *mind*function only, (increasing the
>>> knowledge-base), or can be done by a hypercomputer as well (without proper
>>> programming for the so far unknowables' input???)
>>> And I hate the references to *'zombies',* whatever one thinks about
>>> them.
>>> I stick to my common sense* in my agnosticism*.

> [...]

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Paul King

Senior Researcher

Mobile: (864) 567-3099

stephe...@provensecure.com

 http://www.provensecure.us/

"This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of
immediately."