On 05 Feb 2014, at 02:37, Russell Standish wrote:

On Tue, Feb 04, 2014 at 12:36:15PM +0100, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 04 Feb 2014, at 06:49, Russell Standish wrote:

On Mon, Feb 03, 2014 at 08:40:59AM +0100, Bruno Marchal wrote:

Then explain why you don't read the UDA, or why you don't read AUDA,
which is the same thesis, but no more using thought experiences.
AUDA was for the mathematicians who told me that they are not
interested in cognitive science or philosophy of mind, where such
thought experience is common.

If UDA and AUDA are equivalent in some sense, how do you get the FPI
conclusion from AUDA?

In AUDA we get only the case of the "probability one", by Bp & Dt,
on p sigma_1.

Why?

Well that is what I am explaining, but I need Liz solving some
puzzles before :)

I understand that Bp&Dt gives one of von Neumann's quantum logics, but
it still seems an enormous jump from there to the FPI,

It will be the other way round. By UDA we have the FPI. To translate that FPI we need to define "probability or measure on consistent extensions" in arithmetic. By the FPI, to say that I will necessary drink coffee after the WM-duplication, means that I will get coffee in all consistent extensions (here W and M).

The []p will ensure that p is true in all accessible worlds.

But unfortunately, []p is true for all p in the cul-de-sac world (a future exercise for Liz!), which shows that provability is not a probability, nor a measure of certainty. To get the certainty, we have to explicitly assume at least one accessible world, and this is done by imposing "<>t", which imposes one accessible world, and makes disappear the cul-de-sac possible situation.

or to call the
Deontic relation a Schroedinger equation, even a little abstract one.

The deontic relation is []p -> <>p.

The "little schroedinger equation" will be

p -> []<>p (together with []p -> p),

It is the one bringing back the symmetry, and leading to the quantum logic, and the proximity spaces (where the measure will live), thanks to Goldblatt results.

But I'll wait until you bring Liz up to speed. I'm enjoying lurking
over the exercises,

Nice.

even though I only have enough time to skim them.

OK. ASAP. Surely one exercise or two for Liz (and others!) this afternoon.