Brent,

But we CAN see atoms. They are routinely imaged. That's just a matter of
using a powerful enough microscope. But we can't see empty space no matter
how good a microscope or telescope we make.

That's why I pointed out it's an ontological difference. Seeing atoms is
just a matter of using the right observation device, but seeing empty space
is impossible with ANY observational device no matter how powerful....

Agree?

Edgar