On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 12:15 AM, <ghib...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:55:03 PM UTC+1, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote:

>>> Quite a spew for someone that didn't look closely to in the first place
>>> make a say. There's no profile of malice....I've only ever had one major
>>> criticism of Bruno's theorizing, and I've tried hard to say it well enough
>>> for him that he can move past this.
>>>
>>> It is totally independent of theory - his or anyone's. It's about
>>> falsification that's all. He understands this wrongly...he conceives of it
>>> thing with many variant .....,,.but this the bedrock of science, it's an
>>> hard to vary thing.
>>>
>>> I understand you....you status-sniff so twill not have read any of my
>>> descriptions.  Had you of, you'd not entertain poor motivation this keenly,
>>> because endless tries to say it better, a single - just one - major
>>> criticism, is not the profile for that.
>>>
>>> Why not you have a go at my post previous to this, in which despite his
>>> allegation of vaguery, I go a few steps further than anyone else I'm aware
>>> of around here, to make more explicit the end to end structure of
>>> falsifiability as it is, in Science. I say.
>>>
>>> How about you give me that say, and suffer reading the points, and
>>> should you find disagreement, let me know. If possible also be less of a
>>> turd-sniffer PGC. There's a of formula.
>>>

>> Thank you for proving my point by making matters clear. PGC
>>

> I don't think you had a distinctive point did you?

I thought I did: that an absolutist truth assignment to comp, or any
complete notion of reality for that matter, principally escapes my
understanding when it takes on these rhetorical forms with vague, if any,
association to some frame of reference. Especially when its complex
imbrication in form of personal attacks etc. obscures apparently a point or
set of points you want to make.

I know Richard is working from particular Calabi Yau manifolds on String
level. But neither this nor comp (or any other foray into discourse on
"ultimates") has some complete verification, or states some ultimate final
approach in the depths of prediction, falsifiability and their funky
relationship to explanatory force. You like Deutsch; I think he's cool with
this, even advocating explanation over prediction, in one of the opening
chapters of FOR, if I am not mistaken.

Thus, you or Richard declaring "false" in the ways that I could parse in
this thread, didn't convince me trivially for lack of reference. It's not
clear what theory, theology, frame you are even arguing from; so how could
one assess your statements, apparently comp related, when this or your
position to Step 0 isn't clear? Screaming false + complex personal attacks
is hardly convincing. PGC