On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Samiya Illias <samiyaill...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 09-Oct-2014, at 11:30 am, Stathis Papaioannou <stath...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> On Thursday, October 9, 2014, Samiya Illias <samiyaill...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> What is your position on teleology? Do you think that there is a cause or
>> purpose for everything?
>> Also, what do you think of this:
>> http://signsandscience.blogspot.com/2014/08/teleology-purpose-built-universe.html
>>

> Does God's existence have a purpose, set by a supergod? If you're happy
> with the idea of God not being created for a purpose, then why insist that
> the universe is created for a purpose, and why insist that humans are
> created for a purpose rather than (as presumably is the case with
> God) inventing their own purpose?
>
> --Stathis Papaioannou
>
> Valid question. However, imagining the reason for God would be speculative
> at best as nobody knows anything about God, nor can we observe God.
> However, the observable universe/multiverse/creation seems to be
> purpose-built and the scripture also speaks of a purpose-built creation.
> Samiya

Concerning the goal you set yourself, of illustrating factual equivalence
of Qu'ran with scientific perspectives today, here is one, which I don't
share on many levels (a bit condescending at times, but at least he singles
out what seem to be pertinent issues), but that I can understand and relate
to on a few:

http://www.foundalis.com/rlg/Quran_and_science.htm

The very idea "factual accuracy of Qu'ran" is framed to be a major means,
and common meme in arguing for "recruitment" (propaganda danger),
something, I think we can agree, a transcendental being of any sort,
wouldn't need unless they had psychological issues and needed to see a
doctor or shaman, in which case...:-)

I hope this addresses some of your concerns as most here have little
experience with content. PGC