On 13 Feb 2015, at 20:40, Samiya Illias wrote:

My faith encourages me to pursue the sciences, to use my faculties and intelligence for reason and logic, and the study of the sciences is not doubt.
Doubt is the lack of faith!

I am not sure I commented on this. It might be the heart of the matter.

Science is only doubt. But as Descartes saw, we cannot doubt of everything, and so, we do trust something. The more we are able to doubt, the more we can see what remains undoubtable, and faith can build on that.

So, those who have the faith have no problem doubting any theories, texts, etc. The faith rises from within, and is definitely beyond words, texts, theories, equations, etc.

The universal machines are confronted to something similar when they introspect themselves (in the sense of Kleene second recursion diagonal way).

In front of the absolute truth, science can only augment the doubt, but without ever needing to abandon faith.

It is the faith in the ineffable which invites the doubt on *all* the fables.