On 12 May 2015, at 03:54, Bruce Kellett wrote:

Brent wrote
Primitive matter is a strawman. No one I've know, even Vic Stenger, has held that matter is anything more than the ontology of one's theory of physics. Physicist make different models and some have field ontologies, some have spacetime, some have particles. So "matter" is just whatever the model says it is. If the world is made of computations then we could call computations "matter".

I agree, and it is probably important to point out that nowhere does Bruno's argument say anything substantial, one way or another, about primitive matter. Lots of claims, but no substantive arguments.

All claims are justified. You need to quote the arguments and say what is wrong with them. "no substantive argument" is not an argument, as the whole work is intended (at the least) as an argument, indeed that there is a problem to solve with comp, and to solve in thisparticular way if we don't want to eliminate consciousness.

Negative remark needs argument, and here you are the one making a claim without showing what is wrong.

And neither matter nor consciousness is made of computations. Both are are (real) subjective 1p statistical appearances of subject implemented (infinitely often) by the UD or the sigma_1 relations in arithmetic.