On 02 Jul 2015, at 02:18, spudboy100 via Everything List wrote:

Actually, my contention was that inadequate machinery might be producing heisenbergs uncertainity principle?

Like if the measurement perturb the system? That was Bohr explanation before EPR. He understood, but is quite rhetorical on this to hide he was forced to change his mind. he admits that the perturbation and the collapse cannot be entirely mechanical/physical.

Now that I re-read the comments I should be expanding the question to Lewis's modal realism, known now as Everetts MWI.

Lewis' modal realism is not the same as Everett's MWI a priori. But can become the same, assuming supplementary hypotheses. Modal realism is larger, a priori than Everett.

With computationalism. We have many dreams, but the question is open if that entails 0, 1 or an infinity of physical reality (after some (re)definition of what that could mean when we assume comp). The most plausible one is zero. A physical reality is a phenomenological first person sharable construct by numbers in computable and non computable relation with each others.

Bruno

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail