On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 6:31 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> [...]
>
> The verse goes on to give an example of the external source of the Nur as
> an olive, a blessed tree, whose oil almost glows forth even if not touched
> by fire, hence a radiant, continuous source of Nur in the As-Samawaat (the
> seven concentric skies) and Al-Ard (the Earth).
> I understand the terms  لَّا شَرْقِيَّةٍ وَلَا غَرْبِيَّةٍ as 'not of the
> two origins and not of the two endings' that is the source of Nur is
> external to the first(this) and second(Hereafter) creation of السَّمَاوَاتِ
> وَالْأَرْضِ. I've discussed the reasons in some detail at:
> http://signsandscience.blogspot.com/2014/08/guarding-sky.html
> Allah can use examples as Allah knows everything.
> However, we should not use examples for Allah, as we do not know, as Quran
>  16:74 warns us:
>
> فَلَا تَضْرِبُوا لِلَّهِ الْأَمْثَالَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لَا
> تَعْلَمُونَ
>
> Multiple translations of the verses are available at:
> http://www.islamawakened.com/index.php/qur-an
>
> May Allah guide us to His Nur, increase us in guidance, be well-pleased
> with us when we meet Him, and perfect our nur for us.
>

> http://islam-qna.blogspot.com/2016/01/allah-there-is-nothing-comparable-to-him.html
>

> Does it make sense to pray an All Knowing One full of Endless Mercy?
>
> Is not praying God an insult at His Perfection? A symptom of doubt on what
> might be closed to the undoubtable (the experienced or lived truth)? There
> might be less problem (in the machine theology) by adding "My"before, like
> in "My God!", or like in "Monsieur, Madame, etc."
>
> I really don't know, but as a scientist I professionally doubt all
> theories, all texts. I doubt the Human theories, the Machine's theories,
> the Plant's theories, ... It is the only way to progress.
>
> Finding mistakes = harm reduction. It is the same path from bad to less
> bad or good to more good.
>
> Science is an art of being (shown) wrong. It asks only for a sort of
> humility in front of the Unknown.
>
> You can't use science to confirm a theology, you can only use science to
> refute or improve a theology.
>
> When a religion disallows comments and variate interpretations of texts,
> it means only that it has become a tool for some people to control and
> manipulate others (for quite unreligious reason if that needs to be said).
>
> Then I agree with Telmo, if God exists, it means that a theory of
> everything needs to explain God among the other "things", entities,
> "beings", and why it has no name, etc
>
> Note that this is exactly what the Universal Löbian machines do, with
> respect to what *we-humans* can call "Arithmetical Truth").
> From inside arithmetic we are automatically confronted to a bigger ONE,
> which is not there ontologically, but quite "real" phenomenologically. That
> internal ONE is absolutely not nameable and even the full paradise of
> Cantor cannot render it justice (it is *big*).

Bruno,

You are so close, yet so far!

Based on your emails of the past few years, explaining your work and its
background, it seems to me that once you were full of faith in your pursuit
of theology. You were guided towards the truth in the language you best
understood: arithmetic. Later on, you chose doubt, and now you're
surrounded with so many counter-examples that you are simply going in
circles.

If this is so, then you do need to pray and open yourself to faith and
guidance. Let God guide you through the scriptures. For a while, suspend
your belief that they are human poetic works. Study the scriptures with the
reverence of a believer and the comprehension of a person who is seeking
knowledge.

Should you decide to act upon my advise, may I suggest that every time you
begin to pray, start with seeking God's protection from Satan
<http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=16&verse=98>, then read
and focus on the words of this prayer
<http://searchtruth.com/chapter_display_all.php?chapter=1>, and follow it
by reading some verses of the Quran. The Quran guides us to be alert
<http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=4&verse=43> and ritually
clean <http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=5&verse=6>, and
to recite
in a softly audible voice
<http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=17&verse=110> when we
stand in prayer.

The above is a part of our formal obligatory daily prayers.

May Allah shower His mercy on you and bless you with guidance and success.

Samiya