On 3/5/2018 6:38 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
On 4 Mar 2018, at 23:00, Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

On 3/3/2018 11:48 PM, Telmo Menezes wrote:
On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 7:43 AM, Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
On 3/3/2018 1:47 PM, Telmo Menezes wrote:
On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 10:41 PM, Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com>
wrote:
On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 8:51 PM, Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net>
wrote:
On 2/28/2018 3:38 AM, Telmo Menezes wrote:

So what do you find more convincing:  An axiomatic proof that God
exists,
e.g. St Anslem's or Goedel's.  or The mere empirical absence of
evidence.

In these proves, God = Totality / Ultimate Reality / The Whole
Shebang. They don't mention commandments, or talking snakes or burning
bushes. I think you are proposing a false equivalence.

No, you are inserting one.  St Anselm proves that perfect being/agent
exists.  He didn't claim to prove any other mythology.  So the question
stands: Who ya gonna believe?  the axiomatic proof or your lyin' eyes?
I find St. Anselm's proof meaningless, because perfection is a human
concept, i.e. it is relative to our evolutionary niche and
circumstances. The perfect shot for the hunter is not the perfect shot
for the prey. Ok, so let's say that reality as a whole counts as the
perfect being. Perhaps. Could it be any other way that would be worse?
I meant "that would be better", of course.
Well I have a friend whose 12yr old daughter died of leukemia in great pain.
I think it could be better.
I understand what you are saying.
My point is this: could some totally that supports something as
complex as human beings not include little girls with leukemia?
"Could" implies a question about possibilities.  It's certainly logically
possible that there not be such a disease as leukemia.  Is it nomologically
possible?...not as far as we know.
Assuming mechanism it is logically impossible. Biological viruses and molecular
diseases are, globally (like the notion of Turing machine) universal, and so
there is no algorithm or program making such “totality” immune for such
diseases. They necessarily coevolve.

That's fallacious reasoning.  Just because there is no algorithm creating immunity doesn't mean the disease exists.  I can imagine many diseases that happen not to exist (e.g. airborne ebola).

Of course, we can progress, and win the battles on larger class of diseases and
parasites,

As we, for example, eliminated smallpox.  So it is not only logically, but nomologically possible that smallpox not exist.

but after some time, they will find the way to “hack” the body again. That can
be related to the halting problem, or to the second recursion theorem.

I fell sorry for your daughter’s friend, as having great pain seems to mean she
got some therapy and not others, which seems to cure better and are much less
painful, but here it is human lies which hides the possible help … (I know it
is quite difficult and delicate to mess with the health of other people, doubly
so when ignorance and lies play a so big role in the economy).

She got the best known care.   For pain she got morphine, but the bone marrow expands and causes great pain in the bones that even morphine doesn't relieve.  At the end she asked permission to die.