> [...]
> a bit of (set) metaphysics in the picture. With mechanism, we don’t need
> higher order in the ontology, and the presence of universal number/machine in
> the ontology will make many metaphysics possible for the internal
> phenomenologies. In particular the physical is reduced to what is observable
> for any universal machine, taking into account the impossibility for such
> machine to localise themselves in any particular computations (that changes
> the math a lot).
>
> The paper looks interesting, but I have not much time.
>

>> A "deconstruction" of first-order logic gives theories which replace
>> infinite models with finite ones:
>> https://www.jstor.org/stable/2273942 <https://www.jstor.org/stable/2273942>
>>

> The first page of that paper is definitely interesting, but quite advanced,
> and it would be prematured to use this here. It might help to pursue what I
> have already done, Locally finite theories seems very interesting, and I got
> that by the “von-neuan-Bernaysisation of the theory: transforming a theory
> into a machine which has that theory’s theorems as beliefs. Löbianity is kept
> in that transformation, which I use in my large definition of Löbian machine.
> But most Lôbian machine will not have locally finite conception of reality …
> I certainly need the other pages, but I have not the time to search my
> password for JSTOR.
> It is too much precise with respect on the discussion on metaphysics here, I
> think.
>

>> A theory of physics  expressed with a mathematical language inherits the
>> metaphysics of the language (e.g. space and time).
>
> A theory of physics inherit a theory of mathematics (space and function from
> that space to R), but there is no metaphysics in the theory when they are
> formulated in first order language, and there is not so much metaphysics if
> the theories are formulated *in* an intuitive model of some (rich) first
> order theory, like set theory, or category theory.
>
> Bruno
>

> My view follows this line:
>

> Type theory is a very general and expressive programming language.
> (Martin-Löf)
> Mathematical proofs correspond to type-theoretic programs . (Curry-Howard)
> Type theory, like (ZF) set theory, can be extended in a corresponding way
> (forcing).
>
> Extending Type Theory with Forcing
> [ https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6280458 ]
>
> Thus: There is a programming language that corresponds to each extension of
> set theory.
>
> The philosophy:
>
> Truth is not "out-there" in the world. It is in our writing*. (Rorty:
> contingency of language)

>                            +
> Every writing possesses the metaphysics of presence. (Derrida:
> deconstruction).
>
> * writing = language (natural, formal, mathematical, programming)

For the mind-body perspective, using types makes sense for the first person
perspective, that I recover in the modal logic S4Grz1, unless you add the
universal type, typing is not typically useful for tackling the non
constructive part of truth to which machine are confronted from their first
person points of view.

I assume mechanism, and thanks to the Church-Turing thesis, or the equivalent
by Post and Kleene, we can study mathematically what machine can prove and
guess, and experience by themselves. For the experience I use an idea by
Theaetetus, somehow imposed by incompleteness.

To be honest, I have never been much convinced by Rorty and Derrida. I try to
avoid that type of philosophy. I am not saying that I disagree with all their
assertions, but that they lack rigour in the their treatment. Unclarity of the
metaphysical commitment, etc.

Bruno