On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 2:14 PM <agrayson2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 2:11:06 AM UTC, Jason wrote:

>>> *If you insist on asserting something, anything, exists, but not in
>>> spacetime, you have a huge burden of proof since it's impossible to prove
>>> your assertion by any empirical test. So, you're not dealing with a
>>> scientific hypothesis, since it can't be falsified. AG *
>>>

>> It can be falsified. I think you missed the posts I wrote in response to
>> John.  The basic idea is this:
>>
>> Theories predict certain observations.  We can check for those
>> observations.  If we find them, the theory has passed a test. If we don't
>> find them we keep looking. If we find observations that contradict the
>> predictions of the theory, then we reject that theory and look for
>> something better.
>>

> *As I previously wrote, I could offer some information about the
> predictions of modern physics; not only what they are, and how they're
> tested, but how they came about. I wouldn't have refer to some paper. I
> haven't seen any plausibility arguments concerning predictions of
> arithmetic being the cause of the alleged illusion of matter and spacetime.*

That's not surprising, as you have said numerous times, you refuse to read
the papers.

> * Not one such argument as far as I can recall. None of the advocates of
> this theory are able to offer any motivational predictions and their
> plausibility BASED on your Platonic arithmetic theory; not one! AG *

It's not "my Platonic arithmetic theory" --- This is the a very popular
theory among mathematicians
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeEAvukZItOCKGXXBf38pv0OlPOxT0i8N7qPky35TqoWgwNQQ/viewanalytics>
and also the most commonly held ideas in philosophy of mathematics among
professional mathematicians.

Prominent mathematicians that were well known Platonists, include:

   -  Bertrand Russell <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bertrand_Russell>,[12]
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platonism#cite_note-SEP-P-12>
   - Alonzo Church <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alonzo_Church>,[12]
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platonism#cite_note-SEP-P-12>
   - Kurt Gödel <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_G%C3%B6del>,[12]
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platonism#cite_note-SEP-P-12>
   -  W. V. O. Quine <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._V._O._Quine>,[12]
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platonism#cite_note-SEP-P-12>
   - David Kaplan <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Kaplan_(philosopher)>
   ,[12] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platonism#cite_note-SEP-P-12>
   - Saul Kripke <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_Kripke>,[12]
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platonism#cite_note-SEP-P-12>
   -  Edward Zalta <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Zalta>.[13]
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platonism#cite_note-13>
   - John Conway
   - Roger Penrose

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/platonism/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platonism#Modern_Platonism
https://www.quora.com/What-is-your-opinion-on-mathematical-Platonism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKlPj_qGIt8

So it is certainly wrong to call this "my theory", it is the "standard
theory", in mathematics (and arguably in other fields as well).  Most
people seem to believe math is discovered rather than invented.

Jason