On 12/17/2018 2:55 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

Sure. Any argument showing that the primary universe exist would be a refutation of Mechanism. That is why we do the test, but they confirm that the primary universe do not exist, and actually, they refute already that a primary universe can make sense. That is understood and normal for most physicists. Only materialist philosophers (dogmatic believers) have a problem with this, but they don’t argue. They insult, or talk with dismiss tones, etc.

You ask that a lot of work be done by the word "primary" when it's only meaning seems to be "a place we start from".

Let me see if I can summarize your theory without all the arguments for it which, I think, motivate extraneous objections.

Premises:
1. The reason a brain produces consciousness (and non-brains don't) is that a brain instantiates a certain class of computations. 2. The class of conscious computations can be instantiated differently and still produce the same conscious thoughts.
3. Arithmetic exists.

Conclusions:
4. Arithmetic instantiates all possible computations and this includes the class of conscious computations.
5. All possible consciousness exists in arithmetic.
6. All physical reality exists as an inference from conscious thought and there is no other evidence for it.

I don't necessarily accept those, but I'm willing to consider them as a theory of everything and see what they predict.  One thing you often repeat is that you can derive QM from them.  So what is that derivation?