On 5/29/2019 3:54 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

    On the other hand, the solutions science finds work better than
    the solutions provided by every other disciplines...like theology.

Which one?

Any one.

The invocation of the existence of physical universe to explain why we see a physical universe simply does no more work when we assume the mechanist explanation of the cognition.

Which is a good reason to suspect the mechanist explanation.

If your criteria os instrumentalist, then science works very well, but abandon the fundamental explanation to the charlatan.

"Fundamental" explanations that cannot make predictions have always been the domain of the charlatan and the cultist.

Brent

Better to come back to science, and to stop separating science and religion. Science is properly included in religion. A religion which fear science is a religion based on lies. Only liars fear the possible truth and the search for it.

I guess you mean “theology” in the sense of those who decide to subtract it from reason and science, and yes, that idea does not work, for obvious reason.