On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 9:38 PM Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 28 May 2019, at 08:00, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List <
> everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

> On the other hand, the solutions science finds work better than the
> solutions provided by every other disciplines...like theology.
>

> That is simply wrong. Physics predicts very well, but only by its
> speculation of some yet unknown non computationalist theory of mind.
>
> If you don’t believe this, you have to explain me how you related the 3p
> prediction with the 1p confirmation, and this will require some God
> singling out a computation from all computations.

That is actually quite easy. Physics picks out the correct computation
because there is only one physical state, one computation, underlying each
particular mind. All the other computations/physical states that you think
lie beneath our level of substitution are just manifestations of other
minds -- other people. One physical brain gives one computation gives one
person. Problem solved!

Bruce