On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 10:00 PM spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Well,  to tell the world that Most Americans do not have insurance
> coverage would be one of the democrat lies.

I never said most don't have insurance, but before Obamacare 41 million
people didn't have any, thanks to Obamacare that number shrank to 28.5, but
if Trump had got his way (and he nearly did) with his "repeal and replace"
obscenity that number would have grown to 52.5 million. Repeal and replace
would have been even worse than just a straight repeal.

The USA spends FAR more on healthcare than any other country on the planet
and has done so for many decades, yet it doesn't seem to be getting much
bang for the buck. In 2016 the USA spends $9451 per-person per-year on
healthcare but is only #31 on the list of countries with the longest lived
citizens; Japan is #1 on the longevity list and spend only $4150 per person
per year, Australia is # 4 and spends $4420, and at  #31 is the USA which
spends $9451. Every one of the top 30 longevity countries have 3 things in
common:

1) They all live longer than people in the USA
2) They all spend far less on healthcare than the USA does.
3) Unlike the USA they all have Single Payer Healthcare.

> As far as Gates goes, for the richest dude on earth (sometimes) he
> doesn't give jack,

Gates has given away far more money than other person in human history, and
he done it very wisely (vaccines and clean water). It's estimated that
since 1990 he has saved 122 million lives.

 John K Clark