On 6/5/2019 6:15 AM, John Clark wrote:
On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 7:56 AM Lawrence Crowell <goldenfieldquaterni...@gmail.com <mailto:goldenfieldquaterni...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    /> Even if a completely libertarian system were established, the
    corporations, banks and those at their top would pretty quickly go
    about forming a government to provide a platform, a coherent set
    of laws etc in which they could effectively conduct their
    commerce. Of course it would be purely plutocratic, which in ways
    is not terribly different from what we currently have,/

In todays world people have no choice where they get their police protection from, they must purchase it from the government through taxes. If the police worked for profit making corporations and every person could choose which corporation to buy police protection from please explain to me how 40 million Germans could murder 6 million Jews.

About buying police aggression against your competitor/enemy? Remember when the railroads had their own police.

And Yes there would be disagreements between different police agencies following different laws, but I explained in my previous post how that could be resolved. Mostly.

That would work about as well as arbitration between consumers and corporations.

Brent

 John K Clark

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv0BGixhsTH6xXVoHuL3ndsm5uLNbw49TZk1LK-VDtC%2B6A%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv0BGixhsTH6xXVoHuL3ndsm5uLNbw49TZk1LK-VDtC%2B6A%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.