Mindey asked a very interesting question, and I've been thinking about it while
following the discussion. I don't have a good answer, but I might have a good
question. I propose another take: the discussion so far has been in terms of
quanta, but what if we reframed it in terms of qualia?

Imagine the "universe" in terms of the set of all first-person experience
moments of all of its inhabitants. Is there a limit to novelty here? Or can
qualia also display unbounded complexity?

Telmo