On 6/27/2021 4:13 PM, Jason Resch wrote:

On Sun, Jun 27, 2021, 6:03 PM Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com <mailto:bhkellet...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 8:58 AM Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com
    <mailto:jasonre...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        On Sun, Jun 27, 2021, 5:34 PM Bruce Kellett
        <bhkellet...@gmail.com <mailto:bhkellet...@gmail.com>> wrote:

            On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 12:08 AM Tomas Pales
            <litewav...@gmail.com <mailto:litewav...@gmail.com>> wrote:

                On Sunday, June 27, 2021 at 2:29:38 PM UTC+2 Bruce wrote:

                    The problem with that is that it is dependent on
                    the language in which you express things. The
                    string 'amcjdhapihrib;f' is quite comples. But I
                    can define Z = amcjdhapihrib;f', and Z is
                    algorithmically much simpler. Kolmogorov
                    complexity is a useful concept only if you compare
                    things in the same language. And there is no
                     unique language in which to describe nature.

                Complexity is a property of structure, so if we want
                to explore complexity of real-world objects
                indirectly, that is, in representations of the
                real-world objects rather than in the real-world
                objects themselves, we must make sure that the
                representations preserve the structure and thus the
                complexity of the real-world objects.

            That's known as begging the question.

                So there must be some systematic, isomorphic mapping
                between the real-world objects and their
                representations - a common language for describing
                (representing) the real world objects. It seems that
                one such language could be binary strings of 0s and
                1s, at least this approach has been very successful in
                digital technology.

            Digital technology is not fundamental physics.

                Another way of isomorphic representation of the
                structure of real-world objects that is even more
                similar to the structure of real-world objects is set
                theory since real-world objects are collections of
                collections of collections etc.

            Is there a set that contains all sets?

        There's is a short computer program that executes all other
        computer programs:

        https://youtu.be/T1Ogwa76yQo <https://youtu.be/T1Ogwa76yQo>

        It's distribution will be of a type where shorter programs are
        exponentially more frequent the shorter the description is.
        This accounts for the law of parsimony (assuming we belong to
        such an ensemble).

    As I said, that is known as begging the question.

    Bruce

To offer a theory that gives an explanation/answer to some question is how science progresses. The theory may be right or wrong.

It only becomes a logical fallacy when one says the predictions are necessary true because the theory is necessarily true.

Otherwise Newton was begging the question when he offered a theory of universal gravitation.

The proof is in the pudding though.  Bruno's proposed the same theory, but he's not been able to make any predictions...only retrodictions in which he fits the interpretation of number theoretic theorems to "observations" about consciousness.

Newton calculated the measured orbits of planets.