I have no interest in fathoming who you are. But this story, if true,
is a nice reversal of the usual one—being able to make money in China
but choosing poverty in America. But dear Angela, if you are so smart,
and you are continually telling us that you are, how come you cannot
make money in this great land of opportunity? If you are so smart, why
are you poor? Some terrible conspiracy against you, perhaps? A refusal
by others to recognize your great genius?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I find your accusation that I hate America nothing short of
astounding--just because I see clearly doesn't mean I hate. I already
told you that when I was eighteen I had a choice between wealth and
ruling class status in Europe and poverty in America.  I chose poverty
in America.  I had that same choice when I lived with my sister in
Europe.  And again I chose poverty in America rather than wealth and
ruling class status in Europe. When I came back from China, Homeland
Security put me through a five-hour interrogation in the presence of
armed guards and then gave me a choice: China or America.  In China I
had a successful research project close to my heart with enormous
income potential.  In just two years I had become known for it in
three big Chinese cities and in the biggest kindergarten chain in
China that was based in Taiwan.  I had friends I loved.  I had status
as a respected professional among my colleagues--other Chinese
universities were competing with each other
>  to snag me.  My students loved me.  I had a great income.  And
there was even a man who loved me.  But when Homeland Security gave me
that choice, I once again and with open eyes chose poverty in America
over all that I left behind in China.  Do not presume you fathom who I
am by a few emails you only half understand which is worse than no
understanding at all. a

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com