The establishment of the Department of Homeland Security changed some of the
laws regarding who could and who could not be denied entry.  Congressman Leach
informed me in writing that it was now up to the discretion of the individual
agent at the port of entry.

Before the establishment of the Department of Homeland Security, legal
residents could not be denied entry if their papers were in order.  Now, anyone
can be disappeared, since Habeas Corpus is down the tubes, and whether or not
you are a citizen has nothing to do with that.  a

shempmcgurk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               --- In
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > what does my nationality or citizenship have to do with the price
 of tea in China?

 It has EVERYTHING to do with it.

 If you are a citizen, they cannot deny you entry at all (well, except
 in extremely dire circumstances which would probably require a
 rescinding of your citizenship which I think has only been done a
 dozen times or more in U.S. history).

 If you are NOT a citizen, the U.S. has no obligation --
 constitutional or otherwise -- to provide you entry to U.S. territory.