Hi Angela!
At least you can have that kind of job. You can choose your husband,
and divorce him, if he treats you badly.If a man rapes you, you are
not made guilty for it, and being killed by your family members
because of this crime.
Women's position may not be perfect in the west either, but it is
hugely better than in the east. It is worst in the Muslim culture, but
not much better in India, China, Tibet etc. The Tibetan word woman,
means 'born low'.
The Purusha men probably have been in their attitudes been strongly
influenced by the Indian culture.

Irmeli

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com