I'm not sure you'd call me a meditator if you applied
some strict definition.  How would you sort out the
following list into meditators and non-meditators?

1. Child staring into space -- lost in thought.

2. Adult staring into space -- lost in thought.

3. A person suddenly embarrassed and acutely aware of
the flushing etc.?

4. A person reading a sentence from Ramana's "Talks"
and rerunning it in the mind to see what sorts of other
thoughts are triggered thereby.

5. A Jewish person trying to make words out of the
letters that come up from Dreidle spins.

6. A person who takes come particular memory that is known
to cause an emotional response and rerunning that memory
until the triggering no longer occurs.

7. A person who starts crying when they see their guru
after a long hiatus.

8. An OCD person who is obsessed and absolutely must
count objects in sets.

9. A person who wonders what Jesus would do.

10. When Maharishi closed his eyes to rest them for a
few seconds.

11.  Someone who meditated a few minutes ago but has
taken a vow to never do so again.

12. A TM TB who meditates while under the influence
of a drug (caffeine, booze, weed, opium.)

13. Nab when he is writing up his posts.

14. Bevan when he sticks it repeatedly into a married
woman.

15. Larry Domesh looking at his spring bouncing up
and down and thinking about yin and yang.

16. A group of people who just heard several quick
bangs that sound like gunshots to them.

17. A person who's fallen down in the path of an
oncoming truck that cannot stop in time.

18. Bungie jumper a. on way down, b. on way back up
c. if the rope breaks.

19. Trikking for miles with a steady rhythm of carving
"mantras."

20. Edg thinking about some "He'd hit."

21. A person counting backwards as fast as she can.

22. Holding the breath until a swoon is experienced.g

23. Spinning until one is dizzy.

24. Doing a good deed without being caught in the act.

25. Yelling "God help me" as one falls down an elevator
shaft.

26. Yelling a mantra aloud at a barking dog.

27. Watching Larry Moe and Curly smacking each other
around and realizing it is a metaphor for American Business.

28. A person on his knees and waiting for the initiator
to say his mantra for the first time.

29. A person who uses the TM technique but got it for
free from a friend who taught it perfectly -- but only
by chance....not as a trained initiator.

30. A person who heart has stopped and breathing has
stopped and will dies in a few seconds but who manages
to have the last thought of taking the mantra once...
and then losing consciousness.

There that'll keep you busy.

Edg