Premanand Paul Mason wrote:

> So the assumption that by transcending
> one becomes incapable of error
> of judgement is non-science

Right. Assumption *is* non-science. But there's plenty
of science available on which to base understandings.

I'm thinking of the five or six studies the Nidiches
published in peer-reviewed journals (I believe they
were) demonstrating that TMers score higher on tests
of moral development than did people who studied
for the tests.

> and we ought
> to rely on better methods to
> determine whether we are right or not.

Better methods such as the studies cited above?

> Else we become fundamentalists
> who can do and say nothing that is out of key.

Fairifield Life has done a pretty thorough job of
investigating TMers' True Beliefs and exploding
the fundamentalism in them. That's one reason
I'm here. But we've yet to really lift a finger when
it comes to examing the scientific studies.

Every now and then someone ways "that sample
size was too small" or "I know a researcher who
fudged the statistics on that study," but in my time
here we haven't posted a study or a link to a study
and deconstructed it the way we do each other's opinions.

There are rationale reasons to tie improved social
behavior to growth of consciousness, and there is a
fair body of research on TM and social behavior. I'm
not willing to toss it all out because True Believers
participated in the research. But neither am I in a
position to review and evaluate the research. So I ask
these questions to see what others have to say.

 - Patrick Gillam