--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard M" <compost...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@> wrote:
> >
> > We have EEG evidence of Samadhi in Patanjali
> > yogins, so we know what it looks like. If you can't replicate those
> > findings in students, I would hope that would be a point of concern
>
> Vaj - can you not see the methodological flaw in this? It's circular.
>
> Let me re-phase your statement slightly:
>
> We have tested these guys and found a pattern. We see that that pattern
> matches what samadhi looks like. Therefore we now know what samadhi
> looks like. Groan...
>
> Or is it:
>
> We don't know what samadhi is, but whatever it is, we know these guys
> have got it (how, if we don't know what samadhi is?). So now we've measured
> them, and as a result we now know what samadhi is. Groan...

We have correlated physiological markers to specific described experiences that
occur in more than one person.  We do not know if the same markers might occur
in different people in different circumstances.  We do not know if there is any
"cosmic" meaning (for lack of a better word) for the experience or the markers.