Hi Emily,

Thanks for such a sincere post.  I appreciate it.  What he achieved was to link
the two words only. My single name is fine.  Given his interest in me offline,
which I have not detailed, it was heading nowhere good.  But I am optimistic
that I dodged a bullet and am gunna be just fine.  It was a wake-up call for me
though. I'll never let things go that far again here.

It was fortunate for me that he simultaneously decided to go after someone
else's real name that day.  That was what tipped the scale or we would not be
having this chat right now.

I don't share your view of his value or insights but if you got something good
from him, more power to you.  I suspect without all the enlightenment story he
wouldn't have lasted so long.  I can't see an atheist coming on this board and
communicating with people that way and getting away with it.

There was no devious strategy, I was tying to survive it day by day and was
learning as I went along. Ultimately he was just some dude with a computer who
wished me ill.  And fortunately for me he shot himself in the foot.  I really
enjoy not seeing F and MF bombs lobbed my way each morning when I check in. It
seems much more sane.

I appreciate what you are saying about not feeling limited to any "side".  I
couldn't agree more. I appreciate the feeling of your post.

My dad traded Christmas cards with Perry Como till he died.  It was one of
those celebrity kindnesses that he did off of some casual contact, but it made
my dad feel very special.  Thanks for posting that.