> You've got women working at a
> demeaning job because it's presumably the only
> way they can find to make a decent living.
>
> How is this not exploiting them, again?

I am still struggling with the term "exploitaion" -- both in Vaj's
post and yours. I am to being shown where the exploitation is. I just
don't currently see it. There may any number of other objections
against strip clubs (which may or may not parallel other ares of
society that are generally accepted), but exploitations is not one of
them, per my current understanding of the term.

Some definitions quickly pulled from the top ranked listings in a
google search:

# an act that victimizes someone (treats them unfairly); "capitalistic
exploitation of the working class";

How are dancers treated unfairly -- as a class. (There will always be
excptions, an all occupations will have some cases of unfair treatment)

#  The act of employing to the greatest possible advantage:
exploitation of copper deposits.

Dancers do try to do that generally. But I don't think thats the
meaning of exploitation you are focussing on

# Utilization of another person or group for selfish purposes:

I guess a case could be made for dancer exploitation based on this
def. The problem is many if not most jobs would also be deemed
exploitive under this def. All companies utilitize "other" people /
aka employees. All corporations do so for "selfish" that is for
reasons including, but also for reasons beyond the direct enrichemnt
and welfare of the employee.

Unless a definition is captures some releativly unique attributes of a
dancer's job that are not common to many other generally accpeted
"non-exploitive" jobs, the definitions does not provide much value.

# exploitation of unwary consumers.

Some customers might be a bit overwhelmed and spnd way moremoney than
they intended. But I not sure that is exploitation.

#Taking full advantage of success in military operations, following up
initial gains, and making permanent the temporary effects already
achieved. 2. Taking full advantage of any information that has come to
hand for tactical, operational, or strategic purposes. 3. An offensive
operation that usually follows a successful attack and is designed to
disorganize the enemy in depth

Again -- not what you had in mind I think.

# Organizational or "micro-level" exploitation: in the broad tradition
of liberal economic thinking, most theory of exploitation centers on
the market power of economic organizations within a market setting.
Some neoclassical theory points to exploitation not based on market power.

Do strip clubs have undue market power? It appears areas that have
clubs, have a number of them and dancers that are unhappy with where
they work, move to another dancing job at another club. Also, they may
move to many other non-dancing clubs. Perhaps at less pay. But not
many jobs offer entry level salaries equivalent to $400-1000/day.
I don't see much if any market power which clubs have.

# Structural or "macro-level" exploitation: "new liberal" theories
focus on exploitation by large sections of society even (or
especially) in the context of free markets.

So, many workers may be exploited if a wide-net definition is used.
But unless the definition can isolate dancers, I dont see how unique
charges can be leveled against clubs as exploiting dancers.

Where is the exploitation of dancers? I still don't see it.