On 10/11/2014 2:42 PM, jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Something is wrong with the US generals' assessment of ISIS.

/There is no good news coming out of the Middle East - the U.S. supports the Saudis who are Shite Muslims; and at the same time Iranians support the Shiite in Baghdad. But, the ISIS are Sunnis who hate everyone, Muslim and infidel alike. Then, there's Assad to deal with. The only bright spot over there is Israel, the only democracy in the whole Middle East. Go figure.

/

How is it possible for the militants to continue fighting in Iraq and Syria with supposedly only 30,000 fighters?

It appears that the militant rebels in or near Baghdad are self-sufficient to fight on their own without help from their Syrian headquarters. So, that means they're getting food, supplies and ammunition within Baghdad itself.

I wouldn't be surprised if a secret faction within the ISF is providing the weapons and ammunition to fight the loyal troopers of Iraq.

/"Without large numbers of American troops on the ground in Iraq, we lack the ability to choose targets, to rebuild the capacity of the Iraqi Army quickly and successfully, to constrain the Shiite government from pursuing a sectarian agenda. Without large numbers of troops in Syria, we are unable to distinguish between friend and foe, to train and direct non-Qaeda opposition forces, to address the humanitarian crisis, and to prepare for—and hasten—a world without Bashar Assad."/

'Only American ground troops can defeat the Islamic State'
The Washington Free Beacon:
http://freebeacon.com/columns/accept-no-substitutes/

/Our side is suffering serious defeats on the battlefield in Anbar province and Baghdad is ripe for infiltration. Then, it's a guerrilla war in the streets with up close and personal close range fighting.//
//
//According to President Obama, it's a war against the Islamic State, but who are they? The goal is to roll back the IS in Iraq and contain it in Syria. Soon, Turkey will be pulled into the fight - the ISIS are at the gates today, tomorrow Istanbul and onwards to Rome./

"With the outlying suburb of Abu Ghraib teetering on completely falling to ISIS, if the area comes under complete control of the Islamists, the Americans will be within easy range of ISIS artillery."

/'ISIS reaches Baghdad suburbs, US troops block the way to BGW Int'l Airport'/
http://www.examiner.com/article/isis-reaches-baghdad-suburbs-us-troops-block-the-way-to-bgw-int-l-airport

  • [FairfieldLife]... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [F... Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]