Sounds like you're justifying ISIS's  actions. True, that was typical of
conquering armies in the past due to the practicality of waging war. However we
consider our selves a *bit* more civilized today. We don't target innocent
civilians, force them to convert and then kill them anyway, we don't steel
supplies, we buy it if we don't bring it and we observe a uniform code of
military conduct observed by almost all nations. <BTW, we took nothing material
from the Native Americans. Even they said *nobody owned the land*, so it wasn't
theirs either by their own logic. We did give them about 24 dollars and some
beads for Manhattan and perpetual welfare for  next to eternity along with a
reservation if they wanted to stay there. Not saying it was a good deal for
NAs, but it was the best that could offered at the time. Had Europeans never
made it to the Americas, they, NAs, would still be living in the stone age
today, chasing buffalo herds on foot, living in
 *harmony* with nature, and killing each other over hunting grounds. Some times
*change* requires a phase transition.

On Saturday, October 11, 2014 8:24 PM, "lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]"