thanks for these insights, Richard.

On Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:06 AM, "'Richard J. Williams'
pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

On 10/14/2014 7:10 AM, steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

>you miss the point Barry.  You are simply a button pusher, with no real
>interest in anything other than trying to get a rise out of people, and assert
>your superior outlook on life.

One of the things I've noticed is that some military brats like Barry have a
superior attitude - it's a defensive response when they go into dissociation -
living in strange circumstances with strangers all around speaking a different
language. Sometimes it makes them feel real small and insignificant.

Sometimes the paranoia sets in and an expat can feel threatened -
      wondering what people are saying about them in a foreign language
      - or maybe an expat imagines that girls don't like his face.

This is not uncommon - sometimes the brats get real lonely late at night and so
they go on social media and Facebook to talk to old friends about the good old
days - when they were somebody, even in their own minds.
Sometimes they go through withdrawal - not communicating at social
      events - sitting alone at a table at a cafe working an iPhone or
      on a laptop computer up in their bedroom. It's a call for help
      before they enter total cognitive dissonance and slip into
      nihilism and despair. Let's hope Barry doesn't slip on the razor's
      edge.

You can tell when someone is old when they talk more about the
      past than their future.

A funny way to live, but if it brings you some modicum of happiness, then stay
with it it, I guess.

Some people just feel better when they have someone to talk to. It's not
complicated.

>---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote :

                                                          just never
                                                          *grow up*?

>HOW can anyone
                                                          *possibly* get
                                                          uptight when
                                                          someone
                                                          criticizes a
                                                          teacher they
                                                          once worked
                                                          with years
                                                          ago?
                                                          Especially one
                                                          who is (wait
                                                          for it) DEAD?

>HOW can
                                                          someone get
                                                          pissed off
                                                          when someone
                                                          criticizes
                                                          something they
                                                          *believe* in?
                                                          Don't they
                                                          *realize* that
                                                          beliefs are
                                                          just
                                                          transitory
                                                          thoughts,
                                                          which, like
                                                          thoughts
                                                          during
                                                          meditation,
                                                          should just be
                                                          ignored as
                                                          they pass by
                                                          and not held
                                                          onto? HOW
                                                          could they
                                                          possibly be so
                                                          *attached* to
                                                          these things
                                                          they were
                                                          taught to
                                                          believe in
                                                          decades ago?

>Finally, HOW
                                                          can they get
                                                          so uptight
                                                          when someone
                                                          such as myself
                                                          or Salyavin or
                                                          Michael
                                                          reminds them
                                                          that THEY JUST
                                                          AREN'T NEARLY
                                                          AS IMPORTANT
                                                          AS THEY THINK
                                                          THEY ARE?
                                                          There is NO
                                                          ONE on this
                                                          forum who has
                                                          accomplished
                                                          much of
                                                          *anything*
                                                          with their
                                                          lives, as
                                                          measured by
                                                          either riches
                                                          or fame.
                                                          Certainly no
                                                          TM TB on this
                                                          forum has ever
                                                          accomplished
                                                          much of
                                                          anything. What
                                                          is WRONG with
                                                          reminding
                                                          these people
                                                          how fuckin'
                                                          ORDINARY they
                                                          are?

>It's difficult
                                                          for people
                                                          like Doug/Buck
                                                          or Steve or
                                                          Lawson or
                                                          Nabby to make
                                                          a case for TM
                                                          *not* being a
                                                          cult when they
                                                          act so much
                                                          like cultists.
                                                          Who ELSE in
                                                          the world acts
                                                          the way they
                                                          do OTHER THAN
                                                          cultists?

>---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote :
>

>Yea But, the really interesting thing here is the legal path the old UK TM
>teachers carve out to continue to teach in the face of the strong-hand attempt
>of TM trademark assertion.. as Sal notes: but there isn't much they (Vlodrop)
>can do as all the teachers were trained by Marshy (Maharishi Mahesh Yogi).
>That is interesting. 40,000 TM teachers out there in the world trained by
>Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and a few hundreds of TM teacher re-certs. The new TM
>legal department sharp-shoots old individuals continuing to teach TM as they
>were taught to teach as an infringement but this particular group of UK
>scorpion TM teachers stuck together and withstands the new TM legal department
>together. The Maharishi Foundation (Vlodrop and Vedic City) now keep a
>trademark infringement law firm on retainer now in the USA as they hunt down
>old TM teachers teaching outside the TM teacher re-certification project, a
>project that came post Maharishi or at the end to have
 old teachers come in and sign papers again restricting their teaching.
Apparently the group of UK TM teachers exist extra-territorial to new-TM
because they stuck together. Damned scorpions.

> [...]
>skews the coherence numbers and you know that makes it less likely that the
>Marshy Effect works because there are prolly twice as many people meditating
>as you thought. No need to call for more people in the domes if we should all
>be floating anyway huh?
>

>Or maybe it's because they deprive the national office with money, but you're
>always complaining about the way they run things anyway. And just think, the
>fewer people in the official TMO the fewer there are being conned into forking
>out the readies for the yagya programme or the thousand headed bone-idle mug
>punters who'd be a lot better off getting a job and paying their own way in
>life.
>

>I remember the first re-certification course, your opinion of it's purpose may
>differ but it seemed like just another way of screwing the faithful out of
>their last few meagre savings. Did you know people were sitting the domes
>crying at the sheer pointless waste of time and money as the bigwigs viciously
>fleeced them in return for astoundingly useful and unique information like how
>to open a bank account? And all so they could continue to practise something
>that they'd paid a fortune and devoted their lives to many years before.
>

>Only time will tell which group has whatever it is that appeals to the masses,
>the faux Hindoo certified TMO or the faux Hindoo non-certified but completely
>identical ex-TMO.
>

>Did you think the age of enlightenment was going to be as entertaining as this?
>

>-Buck
>

>steve.sundur wrote :
>

>Sal, ..  Your strict adherence to everything science has dulled your
>sensitivity to nuance.
>

>You've got that knee jerk, TM bash move down pat.
>

>mjackson74@...> wrote :
>

>Sal says they do and their web presence speaks to it as well. But I will defer
>to Sal on this he is in a position to know.
>

>Sal writing:
>

>It's a good question, there are a few teaching in various places, The
>Meditation Trust is probably the best known as they were the guys who quit
>when Marshy put the price up so high it put them out of business. They have a
>few centres and hold courses in a country house where they teach the TMSP too.
>

>The TM official are always taking legal action against them but there isn't
>much they can do as all the teachers were trained by Marshy.
>

>I know people who go on their courses, they always tell me that I musn't
>mention it to people in the movement, which says it all about the TMO really.
>The same guy was telling me that someone asked him if it was true that people
>get brainwashed in the TMO, he said of course not.
>

>Anyway, they seem to be doing well and actually making money out of it which
>is the TM teachers dream, but then they don't have to give half to the TMO.
>Bad feelings about that too I shouldn't wonder.

          • ... salyavin808
          • ... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
          • ... salyavin808
          • ... salyavin808