On 10/18/2014 6:45 AM, steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Jesus, Barry, when did you set the bar so low for yourself?

/Sometimes people get confused when they get old and they sometimes lash out at imagined enemies, Steve. The sad thing is that we have a real enemy on the war path in Iraq, but Barry thinks you are his enemy. It may be that he is just scared and afraid and feels vulnerable - unable to control his own thoughts or his environment.

That's when the cognitive dissonance sets in. Cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time.////For example, a belief in karma and at the same time, a denial of causation. It just doesn't make any sense. //
//
//Barry seems to want to be spiritual and he's been a seeker for most of his adult life, but obviously he hasn't found all the answers. That must be really frustrating - now he is seeking confirmation of some kind - or an appeal for help?/

Is it really necessary to distort what someone says, just so you can attack the distortion.

That also applies to your BFF, although, not so much.

Doncha love how people who believe in an invisible magic man in the sky like to portray those who don't as if *they* are the crazy ones. Sometimes the sheer feeble-mindedness of believers astounds me. Or, as someone once said so well:

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd."
-- Voltaire

I don't know about you, Salyavin, but it's difficult for me to imagine someone whose mind is so weak and whose fear of the unknown is so profound that they would exchange a belief in that which can never be proved to exist (because...duh...it doesn't) for the far more interesting and fulfilling sense of MYSTERY that is their birthright.

*From:* salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Saturday, October 18, 2014 8:58 AM
*Subject:* [FairfieldLife] Re: Billy Graham: America is Just as Wicked...

Ann,

These are good quotes which adequately sum up the attitudes of atheists.

LOL, adequately sums them up if you want your own narrow viewpoint bolstered you mean.

Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - Neil Armstrong

  • Re: [FairfieldL... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fairf... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [F... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]