 On 10/18/2014 2:54 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoiseb@... mailto:turquoiseb@...
[FairfieldLife] wrote:

 Doncha love how people who believe in an invisible magic man in the sky like
to portray those who don't as if *they* are the crazy ones.  Sometimes the
sheer feeble-mindedness of believers astounds me. Or, as someone once said so
well:

 You sound really confused, Barry, like Don Quixote tilting at windmills and
attacking imaginary enemies. You sound like a True Believer where everything is
either black or white with no shades of grey.

 Traditionally Buddhists throughout the world consider that the universe
contains more beings in it than are normally visible to humans. Buddhists have
no objection to the existence of the Hindu gods.

 Nevertheless, Buddhists can't take refuge in the gods because the gods are not
Buddha. That is, they are not enlightened. All the Hindu gods, for all their
power, are not the final truth of things. Power does not necessarily entail
insight, and for Buddhists the gods do not have the liberating insight. But
none of this entails that the gods do not exist or that the gods cannot exert a
powerful influence over our lives. Thus, the Buddhist has no problem with the
gods like you seem to have.

 Really nice post Richard. Sometimes your learning and, dare I say it, wisdom
really comes through.