On 10/18/2014 2:54 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
I don't know about you, Salyavin, but it's difficult for me to imagine someone whose mind is so weak and whose fear of the unknown is so profound that they would exchange a belief in that which can never be proved to exist (because...duh...it doesn't)

/This is a clear case of cognitive dissonance. Cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, or information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values.

/
for the far more interesting and fulfilling sense of MYSTERY that is their birthright.

/The "mystery" is your "spiritual" path - that apparently has no "spirits", and your online persona which doesn't seem to be very spiritual. In fact, most of your activities seem pretty mundane with just a few exceptions. As pointed out to you in a previous exchange, it just doesn't make any sense to claim para-normal powers like levitation, and then to deny in the next message a ///"separate reality/" and quote Carlos Castaneda. You don't seem to be able to explain yourself very well. Do you even know what you believe or are you like everyone else figuring this life out on the fly?

Carlos Castaneda on self-importance and petty tyrants:
http://www.mail-archive.com/fairfieldlife%40yahoogroups.com/msg276165.html

/