The guitar player in my small town first band played with Zappa. Also a Seattle bass player friend, Jeff Simmons, played with Zappa and when he quit Zappa made a movie around it called "200 Motels" (definitely rated Not for Buck). It was also one of the very first movies all done with video. When I saw Zappa's show in Spokane in 1971 and headed for the rest room before the show who should come out but Zappa himself.