When I returned from a summer gig in Butte, Montana in 1966, friends in the school of music at the UofW played me the Mothers album. When I joined the folk rock group a little later on at the end of the first rehearsal played it for them and then had them just play anything that came to mind. I actually came off very well. I was familiar with the concept from "happenings" which were a jazz phenomena of the early 1960s with Don Ellis a lead experimenter. I had also done some work with William O Smith who had joined the UofW faculty exploring this phenomena.

We added this venue to our gigs which made us very "psychedelic" early on.