> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:

> > > You must've missed the "TM is not effortless" thread here
> > > sometime ago. TM is *easy* but not truly effortless.
> >
> > BS. No effort is required to do TM. Some effort mayhappen on
> > occasssion, and obsessing about how much or how little, if any,
> > is detrimental, but no effort is required.
>
> BS. You're supposed to start by thinking something
> in particular (the mantra). I've practiced techniques
> in which no such artificiality is required.

And you find that it takes effort to have a thought?

In the very beginning after you've just started to
practice TM, you may have to remind yourself to begin
the mantra.  But after you've been practicing for some
weeks or months, the mantra tends to arise spontaneously
once you sit down and close the eyes, with no effort.

Was that not your experience?