On Jul 25, 2006, at 1:29 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

Turq,

Lots of interesting points.  I agree that there is hope for Spraig.

Different MO altogether.

Interesting stuff about the Chinese herbalists.  Do you take ginseng?

 I go back and forth with it.  I have read so many conflicting reports

and my own experience varies.  The whole question of  which kind and

the quality makes my head spin.  I do remember buying some domestic

roots that seemed to make me "strong like bull", but I was so young

then anyway.  So far the fountain of youth for me is to keep moving

the weights.  That seems to reverse the trend of lowered human growth

hormones.  Especially squats.  That has an amazing tonic effect on my

whole body.  Any Chinese stuff you can name for me to try out?  I have

a good Chinese herbalist (I think, how would I know?) in the huge

Vietnamese shopping center near me.  I would be willing to test some

stuff.  It is a mindbender even being in that place.  Their claims are

so complex it will be years till they can test them properly so  I

think we just have to wing it and see if it helps.  I also believe

that use it or lose it is the law of our bodies.

Now, on the women in different age groups.  I can relate to all you

said.  I don't have too many preconceptions about ages, I try to take

people case by case.  But you can't help notice some patterns.  For me

the downsides of the 20's started to add up too high.  I consider the

goals of the person's stage of life.  Someone in their early 30's who

has never had kids is a bad match.  Too focused on fulfilling that

goal and I do not share it.  Lately I have had good experiences with

women my own age who have raised their kids and let them go, and are

ready to explore life again.  If they have the fitness bug and a

positive attitude it can be a fantastic match for me.  They don't all

have negative baggage.  But they have to be readers.  I don't care

what the subjects but they gotta love books.  That raises the

conversation level and makes every day an intellectual discovery.

Kindness is a quality you can pick up on real quickly.  I can't

believe I ever budged on this criteria in my dumbass past!  But now I

get it.  Life with a kind person makes every day sweet.  Without it,

every day is a sentence in hell.  Of course to put up with me they

pretty much have to be kind anyway right?  It has taken me almost half

a century but I am making better choices these days and my happiness

with my life reflects that.  Youth truly is wasted on the young!

Caveat emptor. It's my understanding that a big reason for the "heavy metals in herbs" testing done more and more frequently is because of Chinese herbs in particular. Apparently some of these herbs are from industrial sites or on tailings from mines and do contain heavy metals.

Have you seen the commercials on TV for this "male enhancement" medicine called "Ensyte"? The commercials are hilarious. The active ingredient is an ancient Ayurvedic herb, tribulis terrestris and is a excellent male tonic that can often restore an almost teenage virility in many men (without major penile ischemia). I worked on a translation with some Indian Vaidyas a couple of years ago on diabetes. One of the problems with diabetes is neuropathy that can render you impotent. They've used tribulis terrestris with great effect for these issues. Tribulis is a warming diuretic (most diruretics cool the kidneys) so it's also a tonic for the kidneys. An excellent extract with this compound, made under professional standards and testing is called "Tribull". There is also a tribulis terrestris rasayana made if you're interested.