> > > I've been told that the TBers have ruined the list. I guess no-one
> > likes to hear their NEW
> > > belief-system challenged by people who embrace the old one...

to develop a whole beleif system, an new epistimology perhaps, about
TM, or "non"TM? What kind of person actually does that? On this list i
find a whole spctrum of experiences, logic, faith, hope, dogma,
analysis, cognitive errors and ego barricades about TM or "nonTM" --
but few if any "belief systems.  Do these systems begin with basic
axioms? And work out to postulates?

> > Or even by those who insist that their new belief
> > system be well supported,

People insist that others support their own personal belief systems?
Even assuming that you mean beliefs and and not belief systems, i
don't see a lot of insistance that "others must believe my beliefs".
Granted, there is at times a lot of odd fist pounding, irrationality,
name calling, rudeness, cognitive and factual errors, etc. And at
times, rarer than in the past, there are great expressions of facts,
reason and well digested/inner-interpreted experiences. A lot of what
is going on here, IMO, is people working out and refining their own
beliefs -- as they attempt to show others the merits of a particular
view.

And if you you don't believe me, I will throw a tantrum . I INSIST you
believe ME! :)