<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > What I see on this forum is many project themselves onto
Maharishi
> > and see good, bad and everything in between about him. And the
funny
> > thing is it all fits.
> >
> > All in all it is a good thing- even those slinging mud are still
> > thinking about Maharishi and that is a very very good thing. Say
> > what you will about him (and anything works imo)-- he is a force
of
> > nature.
> >
> > Pipeline of Shiva. And if anyone thinks that is incompatible,
> > meditate on Shiva and then answer the question for yourselves.
> >
> > Shiva delivers us our karma, in-your-face, total compassion and
> > truth. Shiva immediately delivers us our world, exactly as it is.
> >

> Or he might just be a very ambitious man. He came to the West from
the
> third world to make a buck.  Maybe he believes his own rap, maybe
he
> doesn't.  But he is a fascinating guy from any perspective.  I
don't
> have much use for a pipeline to any of the God ideas from his or
any
> other culture.  But reflecting on my experience with MMY in this
group
> and hearing other's reflections has been valuable for me.  Seeing
his
> faults is not mudslinging in my book.  I think we are all just
> weighing in with our perspectives and experiences on an amazing
ride
> that some of us took and got off, and some continue on.  In the
fuller
> context of my life Robert Johnson and his music has had a much
bigger
> influence on me and my life's direction than MMY.

Hi Curtis, you are the second blues musician I've heard of- one is a
good friend- who counts Robert Johnson as a major influence. The guy
was pretty enigmatic to say the least- the real heavy blues
musicians to me almost transcend blues as a musical form- much
deeper and fuller than just music.

PS And I'm not using the term slinging mud pejoratively, just
descriptively- no judgement here, just sight.