[Michael wrote:]
> > Isn't this forum open to all for public discussion?
> > Yet you go out of your frame constantly. Saying:
> > 'Fuck off and die' claiming this to be just a nice
> > american idiom.
>
> Contrary to what Judy told you, it really *is* a
> fairly innocuous American idiom.

Innocuous: "Not likely to give offense or to arouse
strong feelings or hostility," per my dictionary.

"Fuck off and die" is intended to give offense and
arouse strong feelings of hostility, contrary to
what Barry is telling Michael.  Not a *threat*, but
most definitely not "innocuous" (which is what I said
earlier).

> I explained what
> I meant by it -- I was dismissing you, writing you
> off completely, telling you to go away and argue
> with someone who takes you seriously, because I
> do not.

"Fuck off and die" is what you say when you
are extremely angry.  It's not what you say to
someone whom you don't take seriously.

<snip>
> > And because I believe something a friend tells me from
> > an eyewitness, I am a cultist, and paranoid at that.
>
> See what I mean about not getting it?
>
> What makes you a paranoid cultist is the fact that
> *you* are upset because I just didn't automatically
> buy your story as true when you said it.

No, he's pointing out that the story so upsets you
that you called him a paranoid cultist for believing
it.

<snip>
> You're just not that important to me, one way or
> another.

Which is why Barry banged out another long, insulting
rant: to convince Michael that he is just not that
important to Barry.