--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> wrote:
<snip>
> > You must have forgotten my assertion that there is no such thing
> > as "MMY/TMO style of enlightenment".
>
> This just gets stranger and stranger. Unless you are playing
> sematically games, or simply don't get the concept that MMY has
> defined specific attributes of what he means by enlightenemnt, UC
> and BC.

I get the sense that the two of you aren't
understanding the word "style" the same way.

new morning, what I get from your use of the phrase
"MMY style of enlightenment" is "enlightenment as
MMY defines/describes it."

Jim, I think, understands you to be saying that
enlightenment as defined/described by MMY is not the
same *state* as enlightenment as defined/described
by Amma, which is not the same state as enlightenment
as defined/described by SSRS, or by SBS, or whoever.

Would you agree, new morning, that while different
teachers define/describe that state differently,
all who are enlightened may be in the same state?

Is there a parallel to the metaphor "the map is
not the territory," i.e., that different teachers
may be using different maps for the same territory?